Please consider a gift to Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter. Donations make it possible to manage our programs, expand shelter services, develop an active public volunteer program and prevent animal suffering. Your tax-deductible donation will make a tremendous impact on the lives of many companion pets in the Billings community.
Honorary and Memorial Donations
If you would like to make a donation in honor or memory of a loved one, please click here and follow the prompts on the questionnaire.
As you consider your options for endowments and bequests, Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter would be happy to discuss options that ensure that lost and homeless animals in our community will receive the care they need. Please speak with your tax advisor about the tax benefits of endowment giving.
You may also want to consider Yellowstone Valley Animal Shelter in your will to help pay forward the love and companionship for others. Please talk with your estate planner about your options.
Consider a planned gift through an instrument such as a charitable trust or annuity. Planned gifts carry significant tax advantages to the donor, allowing you to direct funds that would otherwise go to taxes, to be used for the benefit of the shelter animals instead.
If you would like to donate supplies directly to the shelter, we recommend checking out our Wish List items below. You can also order items directly from our Amazon or Chewy Wish Lists. These items can be easily purchased online from the convenience of your own home and shipped directly to the shelter.
If you wish to drop off donations in person, you are welcome to bring items to the shelter at any time. The shelter has a covered donation bin located at the front entrance which is frequently checked by staff.
- Collars – all sizes
- Leashes – all sizes
- Toys – all sizes
- Raw bones – no rawhides, please
- Pig ears
- Bully sticks
- Soft training treats (i.e. Pup-Peroni)
- Kongs – large, extra large & double extra large
- Breeder’s Edge puppy formula – from Amazon
- Dog training & potty pads
- Friskies Pate canned cat food
- Dry kitten food
- Kitten baby bottles
- Catnip toys
- Toy wands
- Breakaway cat collars
- Breeder’s Edge kitten formula – from Amazon
- Kitty Kongs
- Soft mouse/feather toys (machine washable preferred)
- Timothy Hay
- Aspen bedding
- Rabbit food
- Guinea pig food
- Treats – apples, kale, romaine lettuce
- Paper towels
- 50-gallon outdoor trash bags – Kirkland brand if possible
- 13-gallon kitchen trash bags – Kirkland brand if possible
- Hand sanitizer
- Ziploc gallon-sized bags
- Handheld dustpans and brushes
- Medium & large nitrile exam gloves – non-latex, textured fingertips
- New or gently-used blankets & towels (no sheets or comforters, please)